Corralea Activity Centre Ltd. is a family run business established since 1994.
It has grown from a mobile activity service based in West Fermanagh for 5 years to a lakeside Outdoor Activity Centre purchased in 1994 and operating under the name of Corralea Activity Centre.
Today Corralea Activity Centre Ltd. provides:
- Accommodation in self-catering cottages (accredited the EU eco label in 2004).
- Outdoor Activities for Day groups
- Activity packages combining accommodation + activities (packages eco-certified by Greenbox for promoting ecotourism).
Coverage in Uberdog Magazine Issue 7 Summer 2011:
Corralea on BBC Radio Ulster – Sat 30 July 2011 – “Your place and mine”:
Cycle without pedalling in Fermanagh
“Fermanagh is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts with mountains, lakes, caves and forests – they even have a special track that you can cycle round without pedalling! It’s the brainchild of Brian Leonard (above) and the latest venture for Corralea outdoor activity centre, nestled among native trees on the shores of Upper Lough MacNean near Belcoo. It’s called a ‘pumptrack’ and the idea is to maximise the bike’s motion using your arms and legs, so can travel right round the track without having to pedal. Conor McKay went along to have a go, but did he make it all the way round? You can find out more about Corralea activity centre and their pumptrack by ringing 028 66 386 123.”
Brian tackles the ‘pumptrack’
- Country Tracks BBC – Ellie Harrison takes a journey that weaves across the border between Northern Ireland and Eire, starting deep underground in the Fermanagh and Cavan Caves. Caving Led by Marius Leonard of Corralea Activity Centre Ltd.
- Eco Eye – Series 5 on RTE in 2007.
-“Laurence & Jackie’s Northern Exposure” – Aug. 2008. http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/northernexposure/locations/corralea/ or click here to see our photos of the day.
Our accommodation and activities are featured in 2 new books:
- “30 Irish Adventures”, Padraic Woods:
” Caving at Corralea Activity Centre recommended in top 10 Action Holidays in Ireland ”
- “Eco escape”, Catherine Mack:
” Corralea is delightfully intimate. It feels more like the home of a very cool friend- the one with all the best toys in town: water trampolines, slides, canoes … ”
Existing and Past customers:
, Shorts Brothers, , ,,